Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why at the age of 47 do I like bands like Linkin Park and Staind more than the rock I listened to in

I listened to bands like Rush, Aerosmith, Triumph, REO Speedwagon, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Heart when I was younger. I like the music of Linkin Park, Staind, Puddle of Mud, Evanescence, Nickleback and Bush much more. I'm feeling too old for these bands but can't help what i like.



Why at the age of 47 do I like bands like Linkin Park and Staind more than the rock I listened to in my 20's?triumph



Because the classic rock stations have played all the old stuff to death. How many thousand times can a person listen to the same piece of music, sometimes played every day? I think the entire playlist of the local classic rock station could fit on an iPod Nano. In fact, maybe it is on an iPod Nano. God help them if someone loses it.



Same thing happened to me. 53 years old and listening to Fuel.



Actually, the same thing happened to me with classical music. I grew up with Bach, Beethoven, and classical piano lessons. Now I listen to Arvo Part, Szymanowski, and study flamenco guitar.



My advice: don't worry about it, stay young, let other people get old. And when you die be a 20-year-old in a 90-year-old body. Where's the rule that says you have to grow up?



Why at the age of 47 do I like bands like Linkin Park and Staind more than the rock I listened to in my 20's?worms



I'm 42 and play in a cover band. We did alot of modern rock. I found myself liking the new stuff as well. My theory...It's Raw and it has a fresh energy. Godsmack for example. There's a young aggression in these tunes that probably appeals to us ''Older'' guys.
because linkin park rox! and staind is pretty cool too!

No comments:

Post a Comment