Friday, August 20, 2010

Do people really understand what ';BAD'; dental advice is?

I posted a question earlier, after reading numerous ridiculous answers from people who had no idea what they were talking about, concerning why people give dental advice when, like I said, they really have no idea what they are talking about. From the fact that I got 3 thumbs downs, apparently I struck a few nerves. So I just wanted to give examples of what I mean by ''Bad'' dental advice and see if anyone else agrees.



Any cure for periodontal disease?(And this one got best answer!)



Try using a high-quality electronic toothbrush (such as Oral-B Triumph). It greatly improves the health of the gums. A little expensive, but well worth the money.



Uh, there is not cure for periodontal disease. Even if there was, it wouldn鈥檛 be an electric toothbrush.



Did I get ROOKED or what? I just paid $875 for a root canal.?



There's no way in hell a root canal is supposed to cost 875$!!!! Did he fill it with gold or something?! I think they are supposed to cost no more than $200! I'd be questioning the crap out of that dentist



And in what office does this person work??? That is very reasonable for a root canal.



Point is, people are asking for advice, and some people are just talking out their heads, without having any real knowledge of the subject.



Do people really understand what ''BAD'' dental advice is?antivirus



You are absolutely right about your periodontal point, as there is no ''cure'' for periodontal disease. However, I have to disagree with you regarding the usual fee for endodontic therapy. If someone provides a root canal for $200, I'd be questioning that. I am not sure where you are located but I am in Atlanta, and the average fee for a root canal for a molar could range anywhere from $850 and up. $200 is a little sketchy, I'd wonder if the canals were being filled with silly putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment