Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm really considering buying a Britax Car Seat, but...?

I have read that the Evenflo Triumph Car Seat is also a great buy. My concern is safety. I was wondering if the Evenflo Car Seat as been through the same testing in Europe as the Britax Car Seat has? Has anyone had experience with both car seats? I'm a little low on cash and thats why I was looking at the Evenflo car seats.



I'm really considering buying a Britax Car Seat, but...?triumph



We have one of each. We bought the Evenflo Triumph when my first outgrew his infant carseat, and now that he is almost 4, he could STILL be in it, as he hasn't hit the 40 pound weight limit yet. However, his younger brother is using it now. My oldest is now in a Britax Regent (which is a 5 pt harness for older kids). We chose the Evenflo over the Britax because our car didn't have LATCH, and according to consumer reports at the time, The Triumph worked better with a seatbelt than the Britax seats did. Things may have changed in the last few years, though. They both do really well in crash tests, in fact, they are the two top rated seats on the market. Now, I've never used the Britax convertible seats, but I find the Evenflo a bit easier to use, particularly with a rearfacing child (the side knob to tighten the harness is awesome). However, the Britax fits my older child better than the Triumph did. If you're low on cash, go with the Evenflo, especially if you're using the seatbelt to install instead of LATCH, and take it to a certified car seat technician to install it correctly. As I said, my almost 4 year old could still be in the Triumph if we didn't need it for our youngest, and my youngest is still rearfacing (the limit for rearfacing is 30 pounds in the triumph) without any complaints. :) Hope that helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment